Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

My House Full of Chaos

I titled this blog "Writing My Chaos"  appropriately matching the feeling of my life. Last night I flipped through a few of my friends posts on Facebook and seriously wondered how some of these ladies do all that they do. I can't even keep my floor swept for longer than an hour. Think I am kidding? Come on over.

When it comes to cleaning, my life feels like the movie Ground Hogs Day. The same thing over and over. I spent two weeks dejunking and organizing my home. When I finished, the house shined. I was proud of my accomplishment. Everything had its place and everything in its place. That lasted THREE DAYS! My kids have this thing where they have to get into everything, move it around, then hide it where they can't remember. Beyond frustrating. At the moment, I can't find my wireless mouse, my son's DS, or any of our cordless phones. We've replaced the phones yet again they are gone and nobody seems to know where either of them are. Hey, it helps avoid telemarketers.

My house is never quite either. Seth turns the volume up full blast when he watches movies. It wouldn't be so bad if he wouldn't play the same 30 second clip over and over until you are about ready to be committed to the looney bin. At the same time my other son, Dom, turns his game up on the computer, as Paisley and Riot raise their voices to a scream to be heard. I just have to go one by one to each child and turn things down. It's nuts.

This is my family, chaos and all, but I love them. All I can do is smile and enjoy the sticky finger prints on my walls and cherish every kiss from these kids. I wouldn't know what to do with that thing called "free time".

No comments: