Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In Loving Memory Lex Russel Lewis




My Grandpa Lex was reunited to the arms of his eternal companion and love of his life, my Grandma Rae (Corbridge) Lewis on Monday (1-19-09). My brother-in-law John had a feeling to check on him at 1pm, and found him on the floor. He assessed the situation and yelled for my dad. Both distraught and feeling helpless called the authorities, there wasn't anything either could have done. The apparent cause of death was a heart attack of stroked caused by a blood clot from his diabetes. It was instant and no pain, we all have comfort in knowing this. He was a very opinionated man and had a one of a kind personality. He always believed in me and my gaols, encouraging me to fulfill them. We had become very close over the last two years, bonding and talking for hours at a time of his childhood or over how much he enjoyed watching my kids as they played during our trips down memory lane. The song from the Judds "Grandpa" was our song. He was a Cadillac man, and has 3 sitting in the garage now, all in working condition, 2 are collector convertibles. He loved music and dancing, and would sing to us while he played the piano. His oldest brother (19 years older than grandpa) was the father of Jerry Lee Lewis who sings "Great Balls Of Fire." Now you would understand the kinds of songs he played and sang to us, making all the grandkids get wound up and jump around. ( in his picture you can tell the Lewis family facial traits all the men look alike, you'll see the resemblance to his nephew Jerry Lee.) I am truly going to miss him and I wished I could have had just one more day with him. I love you Papa! I will miss you.

5 comments:

Theresaleeatk said...

Laci--Sorry to here about your grandpa. I know you love him tons. I've heard you talk about him. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family--Theresa

Ravid said...

Sorry about your Grandpa. That's always hard. This is Rachael (Robinson) Allred. What are we - cousins? haha Anyway, I've never checked out your blog before. Are you really having a book published? Who's publishing it? That's way cool!

The Bee Family said...

Laci-I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa! He would always make me smile when he came into the salon to visit. I hope your doing well. You'll be in my thoughts this week! Love ya!

Ash said...

I saw his obit and I've been lame about sending my condolences. I'm so sorry! It's awful to lose someone close like that. Just remember the plan of salvation and take comfort in knowing that it's just a brief separation. I'm sorry!!

Ash said...

I saw his obit and I've been lame about sending my condolences. I'm so sorry! It's awful to lose someone close like that. Just remember the plan of salvation and take comfort in knowing that it's just a brief separation. I'm sorry!!